Thursday, January 19, 2006

Peekaboo 2006


It has been a month since my last post. This doesn’t mean that I have abandoned the blog site. I have had the busiest December in my life and January has been even busy. I had a lot of surprises around Christmas. I had spoken to some of my friends whom I have not heard from in a couple of years. Infact I received surprise gifts from some of them and a few called up too. When you don’t expect and people just send in their love through emails and express their wishes through phonecalls, you don’t need an excuse to feel elated and special. Well, thanks to everyone who made the holiday season memorable and special.

I made a few temple visits during the holidays amidst busy schedule at work. I forayed into Kancheepuram and covered the famous temples on a Saturday morning. I had been to Varadaraja Perumal temple many times but never got the opportunity to be in such a close proximity to the deity. It was a calm and early to bed New Year.

With the curtains coming down, Chennai had busy Music festival. The engagement column in the newspaper has come to a 3” X 4” box now from an entire page. Pongal was calm yet very festive. The usual smog from the burning of tires and other crap was absent this year. People got more sensible to refrain from polluting the atmosphere.

On the personal front it has been a very different New Year. I have been spending some of my free time catching up with my reading. I had promised her for a long time that I would visit her and that never happened for 4 months. Atlast I spent the Sunday last weekend at a friend’s place. A lot more friends have walked into my life this year.

Well I have also started a new blog for people to sound their frustrations at work and use the place as boxing bag. For those of you who would like to take a peek http://bitchandbitch.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment