Monday, June 11, 2007

City Xposed

Many locals claim the Marina to be one the world's longest, but have we kept the beach and the shore line beautiful?

This picture was taken on June 9. 2007 at 6.15 am. I wasn’t prepared for this and I had to use my mobile to Xpose the city.

Look at all those guys squatting on the shoreline. What a shame! What an eyesore!

We immediately need a campaign to save the shore. Hope Culture vultures and Environmentalist will do something to stop the coast line defecation.

6 comments:

  1. lack of toilets and education may be the reasons. Having said that, I have seen NRIs coming to Madras and behaving like the locals (men looking for the nearest wall to pee in public). Do as Madrasis do...what the heck, I have done it too on a long distance pallavan transport ride to Madurai..nothing like free air and do as you please behavior..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad Man....Accepted...... These are mostly the Slum folks.... Why aren't there enough public lavatories....I think the Govt also ought to intervene...

    I would suggest you send it to Hindu or Deccan Chronicle. They have a section for this.

    Sabarish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, this is bad, but its always like this Chandra. Marina is never clean and rumba mosam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enna koduma sir ethu!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using it like open spaces in villages…

    My God!...atrocious !!!!

    Why don’t you send this to Chronicle/Hindu/Indian Express news papers?

    With Warm Regards,
    Uma Nakkeeran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel sad for:

    - these people who do not have even the basic facilities perhaps.
    -my city that is accepting all this. I have always believed this is a city with a mind and heart.

    Chandra, good blog journalism. The journalism class effect is showing!

    ReplyDelete