Thursday, January 9, 2014

2013 December Season Vambu

I am continuing the second part on the 2013 December season on vintage musicians and other popular artists.

R Vedavalli: Was too good and I felt that I should not hear anything after her concert. She was supported by her disciple Sumithra Vasudev. Started off with Sukhi Evvaro in Kannada of Thiagaraja and ended up with Poorvikalyani javali.
Parasa Ponnamal – sadly no concerts this year in chennai.
Suguna Varadachari - not been to the concert at raga sudha hall. there was a lec dem as well.

Suguan Purushothaman - She dint sing this year.
Aruna Mami - No concerts this year. Understand that her daughter is not keeping well and she in US. She dint sing at Chettinad vidyashram as well.


Neela Ramgopal concert at Music Academy was good. The Hindu Friday review carried an article as well.

TNS: Rasikas were nodding their heads, the hall was full, but I need to reserve my comments.

Sudha R was given the Sangita Kalanidhi yesterday at the sadas at 5pm by ELV Narasimham AP Governor. Many are unable to digest this. There are senior artists like TV Gopalakrishnan,, Kanyakumari, etc. I also understand there was competition between Chitra Veena Ravi Kiran and Sudha and the later was chosen for the title.I was going through the Shruthi magazine about Sudha and gosh she is close to 58 years. I was taken aback and all that make up, mallipoo and silk saree does cover up ones age.

No comments:

Post a Comment