Monday, October 5, 2020

Yoga, the reset button

Have you every pondered over life and lifestyle being interconnected? For example: Some of us stay up late on weekends, party hard, eat late and as a result disturb our body and sleep rhythm. And next morning we wake up feeling tired, foggy in the mind and distracted and drowsy throughout the day. This continues to the next day and becomes a habit if we don't step in and take control of our schedule. I'm sure you must have experienced this on several occasions.

Unfortunately, most of the diseases today including diabetes, fatty liver, hypertension and stress are all related to our lifestyle. Yoga is a great way to keep these diseases at bay and helps you easily reset life and lifestyle.

Cleanse life and lifestyle

I've been practicing yoga since my school days and decided to make it a daily routine in the last 15 years. As yoga is practiced early in the morning, I'm forced to hit the bed early so that I wake up feeling well rested. Moreover, Yoga requires the practitioner to eat sattvic food so that one doesn't wake up feeling lethargic or with an upset tummy. In short, Yoga helps you nip bad habits and negative thoughts in the bud.

Detox body and mind

Our daily routine and what we consume has a bearing on our mind and body. The asanas in yoga not only corrects our posture, but also ensure various organs of the body function well and secrete right amount of hormones. The regulated breathing exercise, calms the mind, keeps it agile and negative thoughts at bay.

Personally, yoga has helped me stay fit and keep medicines away. It has also helped me stay mentally agile and perky and physically flexible and in shape. I always travel with my yoga mat and it has always been the best way to start my day wherever I am.

You too can discover the power of yoga and experience the benefits and the unlimited potential it holds! Take your first step with can do attitude, without self doubt and keep marching. Anyone can start learning yoga and there is no age restriction. 


No comments:

Post a Comment