Thursday, April 5, 2012

Why are we singled out?

After having filed seven Form 1040 in US and seven Form 16 in India, I honestly look at the perks and exempts married people and people with kids get. Governments across the world are inconsiderate towards single people.

If China put a cap on the number of kids a couple can have, India must provide incentives to people who decide to stay single. It is married people with kids who add to governments responsibility, bring them a bad name and eventually their downfall. Governments across the world are constantly lambasted for not feeding all mouths, providing free primary education, providing health care and affordable health care to citizens, and provide infrastructure to bungling and bulging metros.

1. I don’t procreate and add to India’s population read as misery. Though many economists feel our population is our power, but you can’t deny that our population is also a peril.

2.I don’t have family and I don’t bring family dispute/ divorce cases to already overburdened and miserably slow judicial system.

3.I don’t amass wealth for my next generation, buy multiple homes for each of my children. I live for my need and not for my greed. I don’t consume as much as family people do – natural resources, cutting down forest or swallowing agriculture land for urban development.

4. I don’t bring family to politics and family politics to Parliament.

Just look around and you can find more reasons in my favor. Even characters in Mahabharata and Ramayana had family issues that eventually wiped out a race then trying to teach morals to this society.

Yet I pay more taxes with no exemptions for my single status. Why am I not getting any exempt or entitles for any perks when I am not adding to their worries and troubles?

Why this Kolaveri di? Why are we singled out?

1 comment:

  1. The world works through twin emotions of fear and greed and these 2 are relatively lesser in people who are single and spiritually focused as they just live for their needs and not for their greeds and these sort of people are considered as useless people by the world . So if u go against the way Society is normally structured then you have to pay a price for it i.e face denial of perks that are given for married people .

    ReplyDelete