Saturday, March 21, 2015

Get your Swiss Account

At a time when the ruling government in India is formulating a bill to severely punish those parking black money in tax heavens, I have boldly opened a Swiss account. An account that promises me of water-tight and air-tight privacy. No governments or courts will be able to access my information. Doesn't that interest you?

The Swiss are finicky about sharing private information and for the first time this policy works in the favor of public and Indian public who are waiting to get back trillions of money (black) stashed in Switzerland can rejoice.

I recently watched the award winning documentary, Citizenfour that narrates snooping and data privacy. A week later, I watched an interesting talk on TED about email that guarantees personal privacy through data subscription (https://protonmail.ch/). If you are not convinced watch this: https://www.ted.com/talks/andy_yen_think_your_email_s_private_think_again

A few things are close to my heart that includes sustainability, sugar-free diet, vegetarianism,  South Indian classical music, and personal privacy. Though I'm honest and open in expressing my thoughts on my blogs, but that doesn't qualify that I'm ready to sacrifice my privacy. Not that I'm writing something illegal, but I don't want my communications to be read or shared without my permission. 

After signing up for my account (I got a confirmation email that my account will be created and I will be informed in the coming days), I shared this good news with some of my dear ones, and one of them wrote back to me with a search engine that protects your privacy. Search engine: https://duckduckgo.com/privacy

In a world where every idea is commercialized, and quickly taken to IPO, such services have taken the route of crowdsourcing to protect our digital freedom and privacy. So be liberal and donate to Protonmail and others who guarantee your privacy. Be wise and stay protected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment