Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday musings...

This was the first time since I ventured to the seashore in the morning after Tsunami. The city was still half asleep from partying hard on Sunday night and a few autos were plying at terrific speeds and water lorrys making their daily trips at 4.30 am. The beach was a little crowded, there were a lot of people sleeping on the beach. Well, we are not scared of Tsunami is what they say. It was quite, the air was warm and listless, waves were kind of dull and may be tired from the weekend dance. A few crows were cawing on the beach and Koels were singing their melody touching all notes with its shrill high pitched voice. Fishermen were getting their catamaran ready for the days work.

I cleaned the sand, spread the sheet and faced the direction of the rising sun. I took a deep breath and started my yoga asanas. No jubilation from the waves, the ambience was quite, except for a few student and NCC cadets running on the shore. It took a solid 30 mins for me to complete the asanas and then get into pranayama. It was a little over 5.30 and the sun was getting ready to spread it rays and wake up the sleeping world below it. The sound of the waves hitting the shore was reverberating inside me and occasionally a few crabs got on my sheet and was supervising me mediating. The was mist covering the water and I could not see the horizon. Water and the horizon merged together and boats far away waiting to be berthed in the harbor.

I opened my eyes partially and looked at the scary crab, and he looked at me cheating and then hurriedly rushed back to his hideout. Peace and tranquility embalmed the atmosphere, while the clouds blanketed the sun so well that at 6.30 he was still lazing in his under the blanket. It was quite an experience to wake up on the shore, watch Sun come back to life. It is a little over 7.00 am when I took the ride back home. The beach was crowded then, the morning walkers pacing hurriedly on the sidewalks, NCC cadets running on the shore, martial arts classes happening on the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment