Friday, June 17, 2005

June 17

I skipped the gym this morning and it felt really good to spend that extra hour in the bed. I was already in the weekend mood. Eyes half close, ears half open and lying down in the trans state is ecstacy. I could hear my mother talking to the milk vendor and the paper guy and I tossed and turned savouring my dreams and hearing their conversation. I pulled myself out of the bed and then settled for the newspaper and coffee. Nothing interesting in the paper, Thomas Freidman's (NY Times) column was missing.

I went for an annual medical examination today morning. As usual the heat wave was prevailed in the city. I was scared of the auto (tri-wheeled transport) fare, meters never run in the autos and even if they do they click faster than your heart.

Without much haggling, the auto driver settled in for 40 Rs, though he started at 50 Rs. Luckily the wait was not that long at the clinic. Lot of them were youngsters and most of them had come there for a pre-employment medical exam. The guy who drew the blood sample was very gentle and I never even realised the prick, I mean the needle prick for all dirty minds!

I stepped in at work for a few hours and there was nothing urgent. Went through the mail clutter and decided to call it a day. My boss sat in that room and as I got in the office he looked at the clock on the wall. Gone are those days when I used to feel threatend. I am on my way to the gym. Planning to burn alteast 500 calories and work on my chest and biceps. I did my fitness test yesterday and I was really fit. Pretty decent, now that I am approaching my 31st birthday.

Some days are just soggy and drabby. There is nothing interesting today and the city has a few good movies playing. Tickets for the weekends are booked in advance and there is no availability for the next 3 weeks. Nothing great on the concert front either. May be I will use this weekend to file my taxes and do the financial planning and goal setting for this year.

What are your plans? Drop in a few lines, if you got a few minutes for this friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment