Sunday, June 26, 2005

Weekend Musings........

I wanted to get out of work early on Friday evening, not that there was a lot on my plate, but you know it was a different kind of feeling. Sometimes the mind gets tarnished like the bronze flower vase in your living. All it needs is a brush and wash to get back its lost sheen. What can you do the mind and body to get back that shine and sheen? Well, each of us have our own ways of cleaning the cobwebs in our head.

Well this weekend Saturn is transiting from Gemini to Cancer, this impacts every being on this earth in someway or the other. If you believe in astrology, there is a lot that Saturn has to teach one in life. Saturn, son of gun, he is the son of Sun. He is considered the best teacher in one's life. He resides 2.5 years in each of the 12 zodiac sings and takes 30 years to go around all the zodiac signs. His natural enemy is Sun and is powerless when he reaches Leo. He is debiliated in Aries, where Sun is exalted. He is exlated in Libra, where Sun is debilitated. He owns Capricorn and Aquarius. He is the karaka for longevity, and Jeevanam. If Saturn is well placed in a horoscope one can go to heights, if otherwise, one will reach the ravine. Saturn is a just planet and he makes you the enjoy fruits of the karmas in the previous births. When he is in the 4th position from the natal moon, we call it "Ardhashtamam" while he moves into the 8th house from the natal moon we call it "Ashtamam". Moon is an indicator of mind and Saturn's movement causes a lot of anxiety and tension.

Shiva himself had been subjected to the Saturn transit. Rama had to live away from Sita and she had to suffer in Lanka and neither Pandavas were exempted from the karmic duties of Saturn. Everybody learns the essence of birth, death, and purpose of life during the Saturn period.


I made a trip to Kapali temple this weekend to placate and propitiate Saturn. I don't know what has he got for me in store. Well that is why I have called my blog "In the hands of grahas".

Rains have been lashing the west coast of India. Bombay, Pune and Maharashtra have been receiving good rainfall. Chennai has also cooled down a lot, heat waves have gone. There is an antique bike rally happening this weekend and apart from that there are some classical music concerts happening. Chennai is the mecca of "Indian classical music".

Usually I try to nap in the afternoon during the weekends. Iced tea killed my sleep totally, I was wide awake tossing and turning in my bed. I picked Vani Jayaram's hits for the weekend. She has fabulous voice that vibes in your system for hours after the recital. Yezhu Swarangalukkul, Meghamey Meghamey are a few of her master pieces.

I visited my father's aunt who is hospitalized, her kidneys are not functioning and she is on dialysis. I happen to peep into the dialysis unit and I was taken aback. Would you beleive that most of them undergoing dialysis were in their mid thirties and 75% of them were men. I was shocked and surprised. I peeped through the transparent glass door, some of them had a pale look on their face, while it is a routine for some of them. It was poignant scence.

No comments:

Post a Comment