Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday Blues- June 27th

Sun marked his presence early on in the day, but luckily the heat was not bad. It was a little over 7 am when I stretched my muscles in bed. Took in absentia from the gym today, my chest and biceps were still sore from the last evening work out. Day was fresh and I could sense something great about today and when I could sense that while I was praying. May be prayers created the positive charge and hence the fresh bout of energy. May be Saturn transit? Hmm.....

I made it to work by 9.30 am after a little haggle with the cranky auto guy. Boss was already in when I reached worked. Turned on my computer with a short prayer for the day and an extra one week to go really productive. After quickly going through my emails, I stepped into my boss's office. He pointed at my scruffy looks, I told him I am sporting a beard. Well, excuses come in handy when you are a little lazy to shave. He gave a download of things that needed to get done from my end.

Came back to my desk and felt a little more charged than usual. May be directions given by him were a little more clear and not shooting in the dark. A colleague of mine had been to his native place, he got some yummy banana chips and Jack fruit halwa. He left the bag of chips near by cubicle and every ten minutes my hand would reach out for the bag ofg chips. I was a chipandale at work today!

I decided to stop making trips to the cafeteria twice before lunch. I get tempted by those biscuits and then engage in a gorging warfare. I went for a cup of tea and then quickly went through "The Economic Times". I usually look for stories on the US economic outlook and spending patterns in the IT industry. Interest rates are still low and they will remain to be low for some more time. Time to buy a house, but guess the houses are already over priced and the market fears the housing bubble to burst anytime.

I made a lot of progress on a presentation today. Though I was asked for a word document, I spent extra hours to get a spiffy one ready. Usually I go for lunch all by myself, but decided to invite a few of the others in the area. One of the guys was from Bihar and the topic revolved around Bihar, working conditions, living conditions.

The 2nd half of the day whisked through without having to look at the watch, take trips to the water cooler, and passive smoke break. Had some emails trickle in from my friends. I wanted to leave by 7 pm and my boss offered me flexible working hours so that I can stay a little later may be till 9 pm to finish some US calls. There are no free lunches!!!

Showed the first cut of the sales pitch to my boss. He was very much appreciative of the efforts, but poked some holes and asked me to fill the gaps. Noted down the gaps and posted them on my cubicle. There is always tomorrow for the catch-up, right? Saturn transit right?

Today Venus, Mercury, and Saturn all three are alinged in a straight line and are closest to the earth. Star gazers and astro fans get ready to watch this in the northwestern part of the sky this evening. It is a spectacle!


I have been working on a few habits for sometime now. Just like Stephen Covey's 7 Habits, I call them the habits to Nirvana. This month I am working on trying keep my mouth shut for the most. Talk when absolutely required and think 3 times before saying something. It is really tough for a talkative guy like me. No wonder, I am filling up the blogs. He..he..he..he..he

Well, today was a great day and every day is a great day! Let me finish for the day with a saying from my ex-boss. A nice one to ponder till I wake up tomorrow. Should I? Let us see....

"Life is like a screw and at times we don't have a choice and we have to get driven by the screwdriver(fate and karmas)"

No comments:

Post a Comment