Sunday, August 9, 2015

It all begins in Boston


May be I should have worn my 'More tress Less Assholes' t-shirt to give a fitting reply to Immigration officer at the Boston Airport. Certainly the next time. After an eventful face-to-face with the border security in Boston, I took an Uber cab from the airport to Copley Square to stay at one of Americas Historic Hotels where our vacation would begin. 

was reminded of the Big dig project as I went through the tunnel, which was still in progress when I left the city in 2003. Though referred to as 'Taxachusetts', the state of Massachusetts had good roads in today's America with crumbling infrastructure. 


The weather was perfect: cool with a low humidity for a summer night. I joined my two friends who had already checked-in at the Fairmont property at the Copley Square overlooking the Trinity Church and Boston Public Library. Since we were on the Gold Floor, thanks to my friends who are Gold members with this chain, we had the privilege to order breakfast in our room. We made a quick choice of our breakfast and left it hanging on our door before we set out to enjoy Boston's night life. 

It sounds like bed and pillow talk, but I must confess that I've never had such a comfortable bed and a night's sleepever in my life. Ok, may be my mother's tummy may have been equally comfortable. It felt like I was sleeping on a cloud and next morning I woke up feeling refreshed with no trace of tiredness or fatigue from either the 8 hours transatlantic flight or from the 6 hour time difference. 


And when Alex, the hotel staff rolled in our breakfast and set it up at the foot of our beds, I felt I was in a Royal Suite. A blueberry banana smoothie, eggs with sunny side up and a fresh prune juice along with the weekend edition of NYTimes made me feel in heaven. America is all about celebrating life, wait I forgot to say life is super-size here.

Earlier that morning, I was awake before the rest and I set out on a walk to explore the downtown area. I stepped into a CVS pharmacy and I was surprised to see how many choices I had for a simple toothbrush and a cereal bar. What surprised me more was the self-checkout kiosks. Is it because I like human contact or is it simply because I'm aging? I came back to the room amazed by how Modern America had replaced humans with automated kiosks.



Don't know if it is Boston or the breakfast, we quickly whipped up a plan to leave for NYC, where life is unlimited, neurotic, and unending. So, follow me and catch up with me if you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment