Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The third P of my life

So, were you sleepless thinking about where the magic carpet is headed or were you trying to look under the carpet? Sharing with you the 3rd P of my life: Paris, Providence and Ptown. Aha, don't be jealous I will give you a key hole view and relax, you don't need to prepare to go with us in this trip. Let's make a promise: what happens in Ptown stays in Ptown. Ok? 


Cape Cod on the map looks like a vestigial organ, but seldom do people realize vestigial organs have a purpose - no pun intended. It takes a little more than 2.5 hours to drive from Providence to Provincetown,  the Candyland and on the way we picked up some moral lubricants and texted other friends to join us. 


We checked into a room overlooking the deck and my friend calls it a sky-box view. As a hospitable host, we filled the cooler with ice and beer and laid out the liquor on the table. Here is the crew the party hard crew. 

Wild Wild West
If there is something that I haven't done in my college days is being a part of a fraternity, (a few things are understated here) and dance like a crazy animal. And 20 years later, my dreams come true: thanks to Colin and Marc. 


The Boatslip Resort organizes a tea dance party every day between 4-7 pm and even the waves retreat and stay away from the party birds. The flamingos arrive at 4 pm looking to shake their wings and build their nest. If haven't danced in a while watch to this inspirational video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTltFMawao that will make you dance without t-shirts, and that is the only way to cool down.


Retail therapy
I tossed my routine out of the window to live the life of a 20 year old. I didn't wake up for my exercise, didn't visit the supermarket to fill my refrigerator, and mostly importantly underline didn't check my emails or worry about home or work. And whenever I wake up there is breakfast followed by some retail therapy before getting ready for the flamingos descend on the deck for another dance.

Though many in Europe don't sport t-shirts, but in the U.S. it is comfort clothing and can be called a national costume. And finally I broke my 2-year promise and engaged in some retail therapy. At Coffey's the store owner was willing to turn photographs into a belt and I found a picture on my phone taken in Portugal last year that I turned into a snazzy belt. 

Sun, sand and swim
After the dance and shopping we all needed to cool down and my friend recommended some sun, sand, and swim. The sand was warm and the water was cool and we stepped off the carpet and dived into the ocean like Dolphins growing waves of fun.


Just as I finished this blog my friend said I need to have more fun with my 3Ps before get on my 4th, Pension. 

40 is the new 20, don't your agree? Sometimes life does offer you a second chance and surprisingly you get what you ask for: vacation, fun, memories and I hit the super-size button and here I am. Come back soon for more from under the carpet.



2 comments: